Call for entry
*No Fee for Entry*
GreenLion Studios is seeking local, national, and international artists to submit works for our winter exhibition.
Dis-Integrating: a Tribute to Dark Wave
Artwork must be inspired by music of the dark wave genre. Examples are Depeche Mode, The Cure, Joy Division, Siouxsie and The Banshees... 2D and 3D work will be considered.
Entry Deadline: December 14th
Decisions Announced: December 21st
Work Arrival: January 25th
Opening Reception: Saturday February 11th, 7-11pm
Exhibition Dates: February 11th - March 25th
Work Pickup/Return: by no later than March 29th
1444 Lake Drive Southeast Unit 2
Eastown, MI, 49506
Want to see our past shows? Check it out, here!
NEED TO KNOW INFO
- 2D work must be ready to hang off D-rings and Wire, 11 x 14" max size.
- 3D work must be ready for exhibition, 8x8x12" max size.
- Artists may submit up to four works.
- GreenLion Studios provides pedestals, hanging hardware (unless unique to the piece) lighting, labels, vinyl, and signage.
- If the work requires specialized installation, mention this in the bottom of the submission form, we’d love to consider it!
- GreenLion Studios is not responsible for the insurance of artwork. It is the artist's responsibility to insure any works being delivered to the gallery with whatever delivery service is used.
- If accepted, the artist is responsible for coordination and payment for all artwork delivery to the gallery, and for any return delivery for work that didn’t sell.
- If the artist is local, they can hand deliver work to the gallery.
- If the work will not be for sale, it is required that a return label be sent with the artwork.
- GreenLion Studios uses FedEx for shipping but will work with artists to coordinate return shipping for their preferred delivery service.
- Please note that the gallery is only open MTW 12-7 and SAT 12-6. These are the only times work may be delivered to the gallery via delivery service.
- GreenLion Studios will handle all sales of artwork.
- The gallery takes a 25% commission; please price work accordingly and factor this in.
- Once the work is sold, paid for, and the buyer received the work in their possession, GreenLion Studios will write a check to the artist for the priced amount, minus the 25% commission rate.
- For non-local artists, the check will either be mailed or an online exchange using GreenLion Studios paypal will be made.
- By December 21st, decisions regarding accepted and denied artwork will be sent out via email.
- If selected works arrive at the gallery and are not ready to hang or do not reflect the images submitted (unless other arrangements have been made), GreenLion Studios has the right to nix works from the exhibition.
- Work may also be denied based on the incompleteness of the submission form.
- If artwork is accepted, the artist will be required to send the necessary promotional materials, fill out an inventory list, and sign the artist's agreement with the gallery. The artist's agreement is a binding legal contract which puts the above information into a binding document.